Sunday, February 11, 2007

OOPS...P.S.



Oh geesh, I can't BELIEVE I forgot to show ya'll THIS. Now all you PRO-SEWERS turn your heads......I am by NO means a good stitcher NOR am I experienced AT all. I have made a mini-quilt for my kids and mini sewing such as buttons and such. I am just now playing around again only for fun. Heck I just found the button hole stitch on my sewing machine, COOL!!!!

This happens to be a pair of Miss Priss's jeans that she outgrew but still LOVED and I wanted to do something with them so she would stop crying to wear them. I thought, "I'll make a tote for her". This way she could still carry them around. After 4 days and trying to figure it out, I came up with this. I wanted the lining because I thought it looked neater and cleaner and I ripped the handles out once so I could stick them INSIDE the lining instead of outside. I just thought it looked cleaner ya know.

Now I know the stitching is a bit on the messy side and I need to REALLY work on the clean lines and stuff but I have to say, I am pretty proud of this LOL.

Hope ya'll enjoy, and any tips for sewing for the next project is GREATLY appreciated :)

3 comments:

Diana said...

Hi Debbie, What a cute bag. Using the legs for the handle is brilliant! Who cares about the stitching? I bet your daughter loves it.

Anonymous said...

What a cute bag! I love the leggy's.
Holly

Anonymous said...

That is the cutest bag! You are sooooo talented!