Sunday, February 11, 2007

It feels like the first time......

That I have seen snow this year...well, it actually HAS been the first time, at least for any measureable amount!! Isn't it pretty. This is the view from my front porch, there is our barn and the GORGEOUS snow!!Ok, now onto some knitting, sorry I have been gone so long BUT not without photos *grin* plus, our computer took a ...well...how should I say it...CRAP!!! My husband is shopping right now as I type for our new one..this one will be for the kids. A friend of my husband's fixed it again, but it will be for them and for emegencies!Now onto some knitting...... This is yet another Seaman's hat (see post below for pattern site) The yarn I am using is Mission Falls and yes, I STILL love it. I am making this one for our neighbor. He is older and I ALWAYS am watching him load his wheelbarrel full of wood and he trucks it through the yard and down the hill and he only wears a hood. I feel so bad for him, I don't know WHY he is not wearing a hat. Especially in FRIGID weather like this. So I decided to make him one....he'll have to wear if not for obligation needs heehee.....there is a method to my madness!!This is a swatch of Mission Falls, I don't know what it is going to be though. I was looking through one of those perpetual calandar's that my husband got me and it has a pattern for each day. Well, I have been googling at this braid one for weeks and just decided to swatch it to see if I can do it. I can do it LOL. I don't like the darkness of the yarn because it makes it hard for ME to see it but when I look at it under the light I LOVE it LOL....I think I am gonna frog it and put it onto something light colored, what do ya'll think? Now THIS is a beauty, it is from a book I just got called Itty Bitty Hats and little Miss Priss LOVES it so I am doing this when I am done with her bolero. WHICH by the way I am done with the back and left front sections and am now working on the right front. I will then have the sleeves to do. I didn't photograph it cuzz I HATE to unroll that pesky st. stitch. I figured I would take another picture when I could have more hands to hold it OR when I seamed it. Ok, I know this has nothing to do with knitting but this has been a little obsession of mine lately, it is the cranberry depression glass. It actually is the aburgine or whatever (can ya tell I am new at this LOL). A family member had recently started collecting it at Christmas and I kind of really liked alot of the pieces for my dining room so I have been looking here and there for it. I found this last week and I LOVED it so I brought it home:) The bottom of it is the orangy part and then it blends into the red. It is such a pretty candy dish. I love it. I am now onto a hunt for more of either the red or orange!

Ok, I think I am done now heehee...at least for a bit. I just wanted to also say that I missed all of you while I was gone and am catching up on all the yumminess I have missed while out of commision, WHILE drinking a nice warm cup of tea;)

No comments: