Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Let us pay homage to the shagging of the sock!!!



Ok, I must confess, I THOUGHT about taking a picture of it, but I was so depressed by the thought of froggin' it, that I just kept rippin' without the camera in tow!!! PLUS, this is a FAR better photo, dontcha think *grin* ok, sorry for the tease, the rest of this story is below, more on this later.
BUT, on a plus side, now I can keep working on the Marie Antoinette socks from Anne @ www.knitspot.com

THIS knit will be fun!!! I'll post pictures tomorrow of the start....*WARNING* I have been known to be VERY indecisive when it comes to Wednesday knitting friends and patterns so if I change my mind and start to knit the Acorn socks or the Cardigan socks then well, cut me some slack;)
Ok, gimme some cheers for fiber! Tonights photo's are brought to you courtesy of Miss Priss and her upset tummy and mommy trying to bore her back to sleep! Any tips *aka* offers to babysit** are greatly appreciated.

Speaking of babysitting, this is what occupies alot of the kids time...it's a four legged babysitter heehee. Isn't she cute?! Oh GAWD, please don't tell me I am one of THOSE people heehee...

Ohhhh la,la, check out this fiber. It is sooooo nice. Lovely dark coopworth that I have been spinning. I have some major plans for this stuff. My problem is, I need to mae a concious effort to spin it a little thicker so I can get a worsted out of it. I am so used to spinning sock weight, this has proven to be a challenge, especially since I don't want it to be a single ply.

It really is gorgeous fiber though right?! It spins like a dream and I truly enjoy it. So soft, so sproingy. It is said to bloom quite a bit when washed and I am hoping to get some good comparison shots when I am done. This will be sort of a love hate project. Part of me is just itching to spin it fine, the other is saying no, no, you must spin worsted for that project!

Well, as noted above, I have a 4 year old who is not complying to the night-time rule of "this is mommy time" so I must end this now. I know, I know.....your thinking, do you REALLY have to go *giggle* kidding......before I go though, I wanna give ya'll the blog of the week.....remember, this was something I started before that I had alot of fun and unbeknownst to me, alot of you missed....sooooo, here ya go....

The blog for this week is: http://www.justcallmeruby.blogspot.com/

Stop by and sit a spell...this is a great blog and "Ruby" really has some pretty knits. I hope you like it as much as I do.

4 comments:

knitwhit said...

Of course I don't mind your comment! Especially when you show the love! It has to be finished by Feb 14th, so do check back and let me know what you think. I like your blog!

knitspot anne said...

oooh, nice coopworth . . you should totally use THAT for your damn sweater! hahaha!

i keep forgetting to tell you about a sweater that anne callison is knitting in my monday class; it's from chic knits and it's called twist, and has a hood, or a collar option. it will totally work with that cascade you have . . .

Kathy said...

Okay, I'm saying Hi, cause Anne (Knitspot)said to pop over and do it. So hi from very cold Colorado on this fine Thursday morning.

Leah said...

Is your dog a Papillon? What is her name?