Friday, December 01, 2006

Today is World Aids Day........

I shouldn't have to say anymore than this but as we all know...the United States has a neat and tidy way of sweeping things that are "messy" under the rug and forgetting about it...I'm sure if you look around and see how many people NOW are actually sporting American Flags like they were the first year after 9/11 it is under HALF now. Shameful if you ask me.

We're 25 or so years into the disease and we have no vaccine, no cure and for people who cannot afford it and have no insurance to speak of...there is no treatment for them. We need funding. We need resources to be available to EVERYONE rich,poor,black,white,gay,straight,IV drug users, non drug users, innocent babies born into it. We should not loose anymore people to this disease, this is an outrage and a disgrace. We should help other countries without question as well as our own. This is an excellent site to read and inform yourself. Become educated, help others to become educated and don't stop until there is no more evidence of this horrible disease. http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/dhap.htm

I don't know anyone personally who has been tormented with this terrible disease, I never want to know anyone either. I want to make sure that NOBODY is EVER inflicted and I know it is up to US to stop it!!! Show you care, you would if it were your family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right about how we sweep away thoughts of horrible things. It's so natural to try to avoid pain, but so unforgiveable to ignore the pain of others. I didn't even know that today is World Aids Day. Just goes to show you how little anyone talks about such important things or perhaps how much I also block out what is so hard to hear. Thank you for the reminder!

Sara said...

Amen! Sister!!!

I have a wonderful friend who is HIV-positive...and he's managed to hang around a long while with it...it is always at the forefront of my mind....