Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hmmm, whose been naughty and whose been nice???

Ok folks, this is what has been occupying my time lately, plus a few other things that I can't post for obvious reasons (gifts for the 2 people who actually might READ my blog hahaha---hi hun, sorry about the boot to the head last night during your snoring lapse....whole 'nother post in its own haha) Anyways, the first scarf is the "Infamous" MultiDirectional Scarf. It came out lovely and soooo soft. The yarn is YUMMY!!! It is from Briar Rose Fibers http://www.briarrosefibers.net/ (hahaha that cracks me up that I can link like that LOL) Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend her yarn. I know I can tend to be overly picky with yarn BUT I was taught to be that way by the best www.knitspot.com . I mean, she's right, quality is non-replaceable....or something like that LOL. I have my set favorites ...but who doesn't ya know.(http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=32548 Is my other obsession. Anyways, the multidirectional is the Heritage. 100% wool and LOVELY. It is quickly becoming a personal favorite....although I have some EartSong and some Abundance sitting here starring at me LOL.

The next is the socks, I finished one and am moving onto the other foot, these are moving slow for some reason...hmmm, just a basic 2x2 ribbing 64 sts. The yarn is the Fortissima glitter. I like knitting with it alot for gifts, its fun. size 2 needles and the leg is about 5 1/2 inches for a size 8 1/2 foot....The circle Beauties are COASTERS!!!! I have been trying to think of things to make for people that I didn't want to invest a TON of time and more money on but still could give them something handmade to show I care and was thinking about them, plus a few stocking stuffers as well....anyways, I went surfing and found a pattern for these coatsers at www.knittingpatterncentral.com and they are soooooooooo cool!! The lighter color is the Himilayian recycled woo/silk blend. I only made one of those to start to make sure they felted well before I invested a boat load of time....I have some handspun in the washer right now..woot woot!! Those were LOTS of fun to make. I made some for my landlords and for a friend of my moms and a stocking stuffer for some others.....they are really cool. The darker red is Galway, it ALWAYS felts like a dream, no stitch definition left, just awsome, I love to felt with that stuff!




Then last but not least.....my personal favorite.....the first of the cabled mitts is done. I LOVE them. The pattern can be found at www.knitspot.com
I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who likes mitts. It's a fun pattern and soooooooooo pretty in the end!!

Ok, well, that's it for now...happy knitting folks.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Well, haven't you been busy!!! Love all the stuff you've been knitting...