Tuesday, December 05, 2006

'Tis the season for gift knitting!!

Okie Dokie folks, here is ALOT of knitting pics and projects. The first little number is for Miss Monkey!!! She is sporting a partial number from the book for Babies from Plymouth. It is the lace long sleeve dress I have been working on for awhile. I just love this dress. So far, it is my favorite. The yarn is DK weight Christmas Red specialy dyed from Fearless Fibers!! The BEST!!! It is the 100% superwash merino. I really like it. I need to do the sleeves and attatch them and then seam it up the center, add the silk ribbon and viola!! It goes into her stocking for Christmas!!
This next gorgeous merino is the merino from MoreHouse, I love it. The cabled scarf is coming along nicely, the pattern is from The Vogue Book of Scarf's. I have a feeling, this will be a VERY loved gift ;)

This next lovely is a Christmas sock that is turning out great! I am using Fortissma and it is the one with the glitter (I forget the name) but It is just a plain 2x2 ribbing and is great. Plain and simple, that's what I'm talking about.









Ok, now the best for last. This is a fingerless mitt with a cable design in the center that is speciafically designed to fit snug...like a glove heehee.....This is of course an orginal design by the one and only Anne at www.knitspot.com (ohhh lookie, I did it, I linked hahaha). I am telling ya'll her patterns are the bomb. I truly feel that as far as lace knitting, there is no better. She has a catalog at the left of her site, I STRONGLY recommend clicking it and going through it. ALL of her knits would make LOVELY gifts and they are WONDERFUL to knit. I warn you though, once you use her patterns, you will be spoiled for all others. This yarn is Koigu black. I LOVE it!!! I can't WAIT till it's done. So, there ya have it!! I hope all is going well you and yours. Happy Knitting everyone and please, stop by www.knitspot.com you will be awe struck I promise.

4 comments:

knitspot anne said...

oh the dress is looking really cute, debbie—it's nice to see it in perspective (on her). and the scarf has really grown! will you be done for christmas??

Sara said...

Almost makes me wish I had a small one around to knit for...the dress is just darling...as is everything else you showed us today. The sock yarn looks awesome...(would you please explain why I am so hung up on socks!!!!)

Fiberjoy said...

How do you manage to find to time knit so many items when running a house of younguns? I'm impressed! The dress is coming along very nicely. Hope she adores it.

Erica said...

Your fingerless mitts are looking quite fab. I have the pattern myself and am looking forward to whipping it out after the holiday knitting whirlwind dies down. Very cute dress btw. I am looking forward to decking out little miss in handknits as she gets older :)